Job Title: Irrigation & Landscape Technician
Reports To: Parks & Grounds Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
Wage: $17.25 – $25.50/hour depending on qualifications
Meridian Ranch, located in Falcon, CO, is a growing recreation & golf course community dedicated to delivering the highest quality amenities, including landscaped parkways, tree-lined trails, and numerous neighborhood parks. Meridian Service Metro District is recruiting for a full-time Irrigation Technician to perform construction, maintenance, and repair of District parks, irrigation, sedimentation basins, and drainage channels.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains and ensures proper operation of automated irrigation systems to include mainline, laterals, valves, sprinkler heads, and systems used to deliver water to irrigated areas.
- Adjusts irrigation systems based on plant material needs, changes, or maintenance enhancement activities.
- Tracks and maintains inventory of supplies related to parks and grounds maintenance, and assists with improvement recommendations, repairs, and review of new installation plans prior to the bidding process.
- Locates irrigation systems from utility locate requests in existing and new construction areas.
- Enhances landscape, including tree and shrub replacement, sod & mulch installation and removal, and seeding of bare ground areas.
- Removes snow at district facilities to include trails and walks.
- Repairs and maintains fences, to include stone repair.
- New landscaping or playground construction installation from start to final punch list.
- Installs seasonal decorations and supports event staff as needed.
- Assists with repairs to recreation facilities, but not be limited to painting, stone veneer repair, minor plumbing, and general facility maintenance.
Qualifications: Demonstrated experience maintaining and operating automated irrigation systems and performing other related grounds maintenance duties. Two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable.
Education/Experience: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a related field is desirable but not required.
Driver’s License: Possess, or obtain upon hire, and maintain a valid Colorado driver's license.
To apply, complete a District Application for Employment at the District's website, meridianservice.org. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.